Forum Index » Windows Development » MMI_TYPE_BUSYLIGHT - Remote MMI - Jabra Engage 50   XML

JabraDev

Hi,

I'm using the Jabra SDK with a WPF application - I'm getting most things to work but whenever I try to set the light colour I get a 'DeviceWriteFail' This is happening on the Demo application and my own version.

I'm testing it with a Jabra Engage 50 - maybe this device doesn't support colour changes?

Thanks!

JabraJohn1

hi, could be a NODE SDK issue. we are looking into it. The engage 50 definitely supports multi color busy light.
JabraDev

Hi John,

Are you talking about node JS? I'm using the .NET SDK. Unless node means something else!

Many thanks
JabraJohn1

my apologies! yes, i meant the windows SDK. the node js SDK probably has the same issue.
JabraDev

Thanks John, will be fun when it's working smilie
JabraJohn1

The browser SDK changes the Engage 50 lights by calling Jabra_GetRemoteMmiFocus followed by Jabra_SetRemoteMmiAction.

By installing the browser SDK, one can easily experiment with the API in a browser test app here “https://gnaudio.github.io/jabra-browser-integration/release/test/”.
JabraJohn1

(and no, the SDK demo for Windows currently does not do that correctly)

The C API supports this, the trick is that you’ll need to get focus on BusyLight first:

Jabra_ReturnCode res = Jabra_GetRemoteMmiFocus(deviceNo, RemoteMmiType::MMI_TYPE_BUSYLIGHT, RemoteMmiInput::MMI_ACTION_NONE, RemoteMmiPriority::MMI_PRIORITY_NONE);
if (res == Jabra_ReturnCode::Return_Ok) {
RemoteMmiActionOutput busyLightLed = { 255,0,255,RemoteMmiSequence::MMI_LED_SEQUENCE_SLOW };
res = Jabra_SetRemoteMmiAction(deviceNo, RemoteMmiType::MMI_TYPE_BUSYLIGHT, busyLightLed);
}

In .net, that would be (I guess, have not tried):

GetRemoteMmiv2Focus(RemoteMmiType::MMI_TYPE_BUSYLIGHT, (empty list), RemoteMmiPriority:: MMI_PRIORITY_NONE);
SetRemoteMmiv2Action(RemoteMmiType::MMI_TYPE_BUSYLIGHT, myRemoteMmiActionOutputInfo);

JabraDev

Hi John,

I just had a look and unfortunately get the same issue (device write fail on the GetRemoteMmiv2Focus call) smilie

var test = _device.GetRemoteMmiv2Focus(type: RemoteMmiType.MMI_TYPE_BUSYLIGHT, actions: new List<RemoteMmiInput>(), priority: RemoteMmiPriority.MMI_PRIORITY_NONE);

_device.SetRemoteMmiv2Action(RemoteMmiType.MMI_TYPE_BUSYLIGHT, remoteMmiActionOutputInfo);

Can I call down to the unmanaged Dll somehow?

Also:

I installed the browser SDK / chrome extension and seem to be having the same issues. Onhold/ring etc work fine but when I try to setMMIFocus or setRemoteMmiLightAction I get "FileNotAccessible" error: 8

CommandError : Command setremotemmilightaction failed with error  message setremotemmilightaction and details:
 [["returnErrorCode",8],["errormsg","setremotemmilightaction failed"],
["command","setremotemmilightaction"],{"deviceID":"0"},{"activeDevice":true}]

Thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/04/2019 02:52:11

JabraJohn1

ill check, thanks for the update
JabraDev

No problem, thanks for your help
rajubhaiya

Thanks for the clarification.

Go to: