Forum Index » Windows Development » Disable ringtone while "ringing"   XML

ahijleh

When ringing a device, Jabra devices' LEDs flash and a Jabra ringtone is heard that overwhelms any other sound from the PC. I want to keep flashing the LEDs but disable the ringtone and keep hearing other sounds coming from the PC.

Jabra's Node.js SDK is used.

Use case: Jabra is integrated into our telecommunications desktop application and we want to respect the ringtone the user chose in the app, not a Jabra ringtone. Uploading sound files to the device seems like overkill. Can we just disable the ringtone?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/2019 07:17:42

JabraJohn1

yes - you can disable the ring tone. if you check out the windows SDK there is a demo included which shows how to do it. unfortunately the demo is not included with the node.js SDK, we are looking to fix this in the next release.
ahijleh

JabraJohn1 wrote:yes - you can disable the ring tone. if you check out the windows SDK there is a demo included which shows how to do it. unfortunately the demo is not included with the node.js SDK, we are looking to fix this in the next release.

Hi @JabraJohn1 and thanks for the reply. Can you please show me where exactly in the demo you can do this? Or what specific API to use?

I'm assuming you're talking about this demo.

Edit: I think I found it for the Jabra SDK wrapper for .NET =>

void SetRinger(bool ringing, bool noRingTone);

but indeed this is not supported in the Node.js version

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 08/07/2019 08:05:02

ahijleh

JabraJohn1 wrote:yes - you can disable the ring tone. if you check out the windows SDK there is a demo included which shows how to do it. unfortunately the demo is not included with the node.js SDK, we are looking to fix this in the next release.

Hi,

Any news on the node SDK update? And can you confirm that you will be able to disable the ringtone after this update?

Go to: