Forum Index » Linux/Deskphone development » Jabra Evolve 30 II   XML

edencreeper

Hiya! My mother's work recently gave me a pair of headphones (Jabra Evolve 30 II). When I use the 3.5 aux plug (without the desk button bit) it works fine, but no mic (my laptop has separated input and output ports), and when I try to use the USB port, I can select the headphones for speaker and mic. The mic works fine, however the speakers come out of the laptop speakers. I am running PopOS (Ubuntu) on a Samsung RF511.
Thanks in advance, and I hope you can reply soon!
sten@jabra

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

While I don't know the specifics of PopOS, it does very much seem to a problem with the audio routing in the OS, rather than the device.

Are you developing an app to use the device, or is this a general operations issue?

I would suggest you try something like the following (I can't tell you whether this is applicable, though, as I don't have any experience with PopOS).

https://support.system76.com/articles/audio/

If you still can't make it work, it could be a product issue. If you have the possibility to try out on a Windows machine (eg. borrow one), you can check if the device works.

For product specific support, you can go to jabra.com/support and raise a ticket.

Go to: