Forum Index » Linux/Deskphone development » SDK Build on Red Hat   XML

marklg

Has anyone accomplished building on Red Hat RHEL8? I've managed to find or already have prerequisites, including libssl.so.1.1 and Red Hat's compatible SSL library, and made a few changes so the linker finds things, but I get many errors like the following at the make step:

../../../library/ubuntu/64-bit/libjabra.so.1.8.7.12: undefined reference to `SSL_SESSION_free@OPENSSL_1.0.0'

Is it really looking for SSL 1.0.0?

Mark

JabraJohn1

Hi, the linux SDK is linked to the wrong library. this looks like a bug. we will fix asap.
marklg

Any ETA as to when this may be fixed?
sten@jabra

Hello,

sorry, no, we do not have an RHx compatible release on the roadmap.
It's currently Ubuntu, and derived distros.

But please provide us with a need/use case for this, and we can use it to feed Product Management into prioritising this.
(ie. tell us you need it, and especiialy what for smilie

Thanks
marklg

sten@jabra wrote:Hello,

sorry, no, we do not have an RHx compatible release on the roadmap.
It's currently Ubuntu, and derived distros.

But please provide us with a need/use case for this, and we can use it to feed Product Management into prioritising this.
(ie. tell us you need it, and especiialy what for smilie

Thanks

Can you answer the original question about SSL 1.0.0? I think it may not compile on Ubuntu either with that issue.

Regards,

Mark
sten@jabra

Is it really looking for SSL 1.0.0?

Yes, I'm afraid it is.
The dev team tells me it's quite likely a depency from libcurl, which is statically linked into the library.
The library has been tested and verified on Ubuntu LTS 16.04 and 18.04 - this is what we pt officially support.

Again, can you share more details about what you are building and what for, we may get more leverage with product management in prioritising development effort.
(If you are concerned about confidentiality, feel free to register and create a support ticket - this can only be seen by you and us.)

Go to: