Forum Index » macOS Development » Sending “Off Hook” using AppleScript or manually?   XML

S.F

I am using a WebRTC on macOS with Engage 75 and was wondering if it is possible to control aspects of the headset using AppleScript (or Automator), specifically “Off Hook” so I can fire it whenever I am on call for the purpose of handling other incoming calls from a mobile device connected simultaneously to the Engage 75.

Any idea is appreciated, thank you for your help.
sten@jabra

I am using a WebRTC on macOS with Engage 75 and was wondering if it is possible to control aspects of the headset using AppleScript (or Automator), specifically “Off Hook” so I can fire it whenever I am on call for the purpose of handling other incoming calls from a mobile device connected simultaneously to the Engage 75.

Any idea is appreciated, thank you for your help.

Can you clarify the following:

> I am using a WebRTC on macOS

A WebRTC app? From within a Chrome browser?
Then you can use the Browser SDK to issue an off-hook command to the headset.

I would also ask if you can explain a little more about what you are seeking to achieve with this.
Are you expecting to pick up the second call while the first one is ended, but without pressing the multi-function button on the headset?
Then you may need to hang up the first call first, and that is not controlled by the headset, but the softphone application that is managing the first call.
Telling the headset to hang up will bring it out of synch with the other application.
sten@jabra

Test message (user is experiencing problems replying to the thread.)

Go to: