Forum Index » Linux/Deskphone development » Kernel supportted   XML

Natascha

Hi,

Is the patch still needed or were they included in Linux kernel? If so, in which version it started to be included?

I installed Ubuntu 14.04.5 but it uses kernel 4.4.0. Can I use ubuntu-14.04.4-hid-telephony.patch or do you have a patch available for 14.04.5?

I tried to use it without patchng kernel with Japra Pro 9470, but I got an "Error during set Offhook" and mute does not work. All other features are not supported. The only thing that works is checking the battery level.

Thanks,

Natascha.
Natascha

BTW, is it possible to implement something with HID native without kernel modification? Do you have any sample code of such a use?

I want to use an proprietary OS based on Ubuntu 14.04.5 (HP ThinPro) which does not have its source available.
Lukas2

Hi Natascha,
I can share my experience regarding the pure HID API based integration with Jabra Pro 9460 (which can be quite similar to your 9470).

1. Install Jabra Chrome HID SDK (V1.1.0) just to see how it may work.
For more low-level approach in C a simple example from Linux kernel can be used - http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/samples/hidraw/ (change device identification, compile and run -> at least the HID descriptor and vendor/device ID should be printed)

2. Try to decipher the HID descriptor - http://eleccelerator.com/usbdescreqparser/ or RDD https://github.com/abend0c1/hidrdd can be used

3. Read everything about Jabra HID API - Windows SDK documentation contained some additional info, Chrome plugin in JavaScript is quite readable and had some other info if I remember correctly.

Hope it helps,
Lukas
Mehmet

Hi Natascha and thank you Lukas for the very good input smilie

Our current SDK is not supported on kernel 4.4.0 but we already have made an internal fix for this, which i can share to you. But just notice that this is non-released/unofficial sw. We believe the patch for 14.04.04 also work on 14.04.05 but have not confirmed it - hope you can help confirming it.

For your second question unfortunately we currently to not have other material than the HID 3.0 document available. But i suggest you to try the demo client included in the Linux SDK for understanding the signalling flow etc, as the principle is similar. Functions such as headset battery status is not exposed/available when working 'around' our SDK.

Hope i clarified your queries.

Thanks /Mehmet

Natascha

@Mehmet: Thanks for the info. The SDK will only work with kernel modified right? Because I tried without doing this and I could only see the battery status. The other features don't work.

@Lukas: Thanks for sharing your experience.
Mehmet

Hi Natascha, yes kernel update is required. I can provide to you 'off-line' if you are interested.

thanks
Mehmet

Go to: