Messages posted by: Joachim3
Forum Index » Profile for Joachim3 » Messages posted by Joachim3

our IP111 and IP112 VoIP desk phones are based on the IMXSL SOC (NXP / freescale).
External USB devices are connected to the on-chip USB-PHY and driven by the USB OTG controller in Host mode.
Regular HID commands as defined in the report descriptor of the given device are used to signal, accept and disconnect calls.
With the Jabra PRO Series (930,4xxx) we have a problem with host initiated reset/restart operation.
This seems to work perfectly but after having created isochronous in and out pipes we only receive silence for about 10 seconds.
Is there any way to reduce this delay?

Best Regards
Joachim
Hi Mehmet,
the firmware version is 2.23.0, so this should be not the problem.
Watching the isochronous data strem from the microphone in the USB-analyzer I see that there are binary zeroes received for about ten seconds.
Thus I think it's more a problem with setting up the DECT-Link between base and headset, specially because I observed this delay also with a Jabra PRO 9460.
Best Regards
Joachim
Hi Mehmet,

we don't run linux but our proprietary innovaphone OS with handmade drivers smilie
The reset is a regular USB reset initiated by the host controller while the USB cable remains plugged.
Immediately after reset we send a HID 'OnHook' followed by an HID 'Offhook' and thereafter
we create the isochronous pipes and start sending/receiving data.
The initial 'OnHook' is sent to make sure that the device accepts regular HID reports.
I understand that it needs some time to open the RF link but 10 seconds are a very long time.
If required I can provide a USB bus capture taken with an ellysys USB EXPLORER.

Best Regards
Joachim

no problem, but how can I upload the file or mail the file?
Regards
Joachim
Hi,

some time before I created the topic "long-audio-delay-after-restart-of-jabra-pro-930-by-usb-host".
The last answer I received told me that the reason for the delay is the "chopped audio" we send to the headset.
Because I couldn't see this "chopped audio" in the USB analyzer capture I provided I asked how this is indicated.
And looking for the answer now I don't find the topic anymore. What happened?

Regards
Joachim
Hi Mehmet,
https://cloud.innovaphone.com/index.php/s/mLXYMPRGJoDJTHG links to the file Jabra-Pro-930-restarts.zip.
The unzpped file is in .ufo format and can be displayed with the Ellisys Visual USB utility (can be downloaded from http://www.ellisys.com/products/usbex200/download.php).
Hope you see something
Regards
Joachim
Hi Mehmet,

when I filter the OUT transactions after a restart I see a contigous sequence of 32 byte audio packets, one per millisecond. So I suspect 'chunks' must mean something else but I have no idea what. Is it the kind of audio data sent?
Unfortunately this is something I have no influence on. The audio data comes from an external source and must be continued after the restart, even if there ar one or two seconds lost. The same applies to the input data which should not have such a big gap.
Hope there issom help.

Best Regards,
Joachim

Forum Index » Profile for Joachim3 » Messages posted by Joachim3
Go to: