MTR: Troubleshooting Firmware Updates
Microsoft Teams Rooms: Automatic firmware updates for Jabra devices depend on various components.
Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTR) is designed to automatically update the firmware of connected Jabra devices. This guide describes troubleshooting procedures to follow if the automatic firmware update fails.
Automatic firmware updates are supported for:
- MTR systems based on Windows
Automatic firmware updates are not supported for:
- MTR systems based on Android
- Standard Windows systems that run Microsoft Teams
MTR systems consist of hardware and software components provided by different manufacturers.
Relevant components for this guide are:
- MTR Controller: Basically a Windows device with a touchscreen and some specific configurations. Windows runs in Kiosk mode. It is fully accessible for an administrator as on any Windows computer
- Windows Update: Downloads drivers and firmware for Jabra devices
- Jabra device extension driver: Loads additional hardware drivers, such as the component driver, for the Jabra device
- Jabra Firmware Updater component driver: Provides the functionality for firmware updates
- Jabra Firmware Updater service: A windows service that updates the firmware of Jabra devices. It is part of the component driver
- Jabra Device: Any Jabra device that is certified for MTR use
MTR currently supports these Jabra devices:
- PanaCast (Model 2019)
- PanaCast 50
These devices are certified for MTR use.
It is generally not recommended to install Jabra Direct or Jabra Xpress on MTR systems.
There are different ways to check firmware versions for a Jabra device connected to MTR.
Check the installed firmware version:
- with Teams Admin Center (remotely, for all devices in a corporate network)
- with Jabra Direct (for individual devices that are connected to the computer)
Check the latest available firmware version:
- in the device support section of jabra.com
- with Jabra Direct