It describes how GN Audio A/S (“GN”, "we" or "us") processes personal data about you in case;
- you download our (i) integration services, (ii) plug ins, (iii) libraries and components provided through our software development kit, (iv) other available software, or documentation (altogether named “Software”) from our Developer Zone or from other third-party websites (in the following we will categorize you as a “developer”), or
- you are customer using an application, e.g. a contact center software which makes use of the Software (in the following we will categorize you as “end user”)
We will collect and use your personal data in accordance with applicable law and only to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use specified in advance and in a proper manner.
1. Data Controller
The legal entity who is controller and responsible for processing your personal data is:
GN Audio A/S, Lautrupbjerg 7
Telephone no + 45 45 75 00 00
GN Audio A/S markets products and services under different brand names such as Jabra.
Data Protection Officer
For general questions concerning your personal data you may contact our data protection officer on GN Data Privacy Inquiry Site.
For specific requests concerning your personal data you may contact our data protection officer on GN Data Privacy Request Site.
You are also free to contact our Data Protection Officer on telephone +45 45 75 00 00
2. Description of processing – purpose, specific use of personal data and legal basis
If you are a developer, we will use your personal data in the following ways:
- If you use our Developer Zone as a developer to access or use our Software, we collect your email, password your name and country, phone no (optional) and mobile phone no (optional) to set you up as a user and to communicate with you. We use your emails to send you emails with information about the content and updates on the developer zone. We assign you an internal partner key to identify you and to understand how your end users use the functionality embodied in our Software.
- If you choose to sign up as a company, we ask for your company name and contact information in order for us to communicate with you and your company concerning the contact on the developer zone.
When you visit our developer zone, we also collect certain server log information through automated means, such as your - IP-number - Time of your visit - Visited URL’s/queries on our developer zone - The referring webpage - Your browser version
We collect the server log information for security and statistical purposes.
- If you visit our Developer Zone only to download runtime components we do not collect any data about you.
To the extent use of your personal data is governed by the EU personal data regulation or equivalent national regulation you are hereby informed that the legal basis for our use is our legitimate interest (Article 6.1. (f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679). We need to register your contact info to communicate with you and collect the log server information to optimize the services on the website for you. Further we need the server log information to reduce security threats which is to your benefit.
4. Retention period
Your personal data will be stored by us for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purposes described above. If you are a developer, we store your information as long as you or your company use the Software and for a needed period hereafter for documentary purposes in legal matters. If you are an end user, we only keep your data for a limited period in order to diagnose any problems or challenges and/or to improve our software or products and services, and then your data is anonymized.
5. Collection of personal data
We only collect your personal data from the following sources:
- If you are a developer; we get the information directly from you when you provide them on our website and through your online use of our website, or
- If you are a user of a third-party software your data (not personal data) is collected automatically through your use of the Software embedded in the third party software.
We will generally limit sharing of your personal data and always only share to the extent necessary. However, we might share your personal information with:
- group companies when necessary to carry out the purpose. See more about the GN Group on www.gn.com
- IT suppliers, e.g. hosting partners, maintenance or technical support. These parties may not process your personal data for their own purposes.
7. International transfers
In some cases, we will transfer personal data to recipients identified above which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction. Such transfers will be conducted in strict accordance with applicable laws, and where required we will provide appropriate safeguards for such transfers.
When transferring personal data out of the European Union or other jurisdictions requiring appropriate safeguards, we will use either the standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission or equivalent national bodies, or any other contractual agreement approved by the competent authorities as a basis for the transfer and where necessary, implement additional supplementary safeguards to ensure an adequate level of protection.
Your personal data will be stored in your jurisdiction if the applicable law requires so.
Please contact us by using the contact details in section 1 above, if you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the European Union and/or other jurisdictions requiring appropriate safeguards.
8. Your rights
Data protection law gives you a range of rights in connection with our processing of your personal data. In this regard you have the right to request access to the personal data concerning you that we process. You may request that we rectify or delete the personal data or restrict the processing of your personal data, if you think they are inaccurate. You may have the right for data portability. We are required to assess and act on your request.
The mentioned rights may be subject to conditions or restrictions. Accordingly, there is no certainty that you will be entitled to for example data portability in the specific situation; it will depend on the circumstances of the processing.
If you wish to contact us about our processing of your personal data, feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer as specified above in section 1.
You have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection agency.
9. Additional Information for California Residents
In addition to the information stated above the following information also applies to you, if you are a California resident. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year We do not sell and have not sold personal information in the preceding 12 months. We do not sell the personal information of minors. You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.